Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Soar - Butterfly Magnet



Last week I started the Let's get Crafty challenge.
This week I realized I need to let you know how to join in this creative journey.
There are 2 ways to participate and join in the fun:

  1. Join the Let's get Crafty Flickr Group!  here you can share your creations, inspire others and be inspired every Tuesday!
  2. If you have your own blog, you can post your creation on your blog on Tuesday (perhaps mentioning the Let's get Crafty challenge) , inspire your readers and link/post your creation on this blog! :)
Each month I will provide an inspirational theme, your creations do NOT have to be based on this theme it’s meant to inspire those who may need a little nudge.


This weeks  Let's get Crafty inspiration is the BUTTERFLY!

Lately I have been drawn to butterflies, I even created a butterfly bracelet which I will share with you later this week.  To me butterflies represent transformation, life cycles if you will!
They remind me to accept change knowing that this is part of life - continuous change -
With this knowledge I'm inspired to take risks and SOAR.












Materials List:
Nunn Design Sealant
Nunn Design Word Transfer
Diamond Glaze
E-6000 Glue
Sandpaper
Scissors
Paint Brush
Distress Ink
Clear Glass
Magnet Sheet

How To:
Step 1:            Take your image, center glass over it and trace around the glass to obtain your
                       measurement.
Step 2 and 3:   Cut the circle out and use sandpaper to distress the paper.
Step 4:            Apply distress ink to paper.
Step 5:            Cover paper with Nunn Sealant and apply word from your transfer (seal again).
Step 6:            While sealant dries, clean glass with vinegar.  Once vinegar has dried, add
                       Diamond Glaze to the back of the glass and adhere image to glass (be sure to press
                       out any bubbles that may have formed in the glue).  Finally, use E-6000 glue
                       to adhere magnet to back of glass and allow 30 minutes for drying.

                                         
Now I have a beautiful magnet for hold my dreams up!

I look forward to seeing your creations too!


6 comments:

  1. That is cool... I had purchased the Diamond Glaze along time ago and have never used it. I should give it a try...Karen from Flying lessons

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you like it..it's fun, easy and quick!
    Thanks for taking time to look this over..
    Have a great night..Lis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lisa!

    I am glad to see you have started Let's Get Crafty Challenge. I need to jump in and do it!

    Hugs,
    Cindy P - Flying Lessons!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cindy, I hope you do join..! It's a great way to keep inspired and inspire others.:)Lis

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's a cool project. i have an art student who would love to make something like this. i'll have to check into the cost of the materials. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you like the project..:) I hope your art student enjoys it..:)

    ReplyDelete